!-- Start of StatCounter Code --> counter

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Citi never sleeps but forgets that i do!

I got another call from Citibank for my mom, while i was having my siesta in the afternoon, and it proved enlightening as usual. it goes something like this.

citibank: can i speak to ***, we are calling from citibank to offer a value added service.
me: you can explain it to me, i am her son
C: can u give me the DOB and address
Me : ***
C: we are offering a draft facililty for rs 4.5 lakh.
Me: I dont want a loan
C: why do you want it. the rate is only.....
Me: Honestly, my mother does not have the capacity to repay the loan. she has no source of income.
C: then why cant you take the draft in your name.
Me: (pretty stunned to reply. It is the first time i have come across a bank offering a loan to someone who admits that they dont have the money to repay!)
C: see, the rate of interest is 7.5 % and you can easily invest it elsewhere at 8%



my thoughts on the converstation later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google